2014.05.03 Version 0.5.8 released
Download from our [| Sourceforge project page]
The Summoning Wars team is proud to announce the release of version 0.5.8! Get it from our downloads page. This release includes mostly changes to the underlying framework and some bugfixes. Additionally, most problems which were uncovered by the coverity static analysis tool were fixed by dezgusty. This version will not work with CEGUI 0.7 anymore. Linux users will have to compile CEGUI themselves, if the distribution does not provide packages for this version.
- new feature: Poco dependency replaced with Boost
- new feature: Sound engine reworked
- new feature: Added sounds for the GUI
- new feature: Added gameplay sounds
- new feature: Added support for CEGUI 0.8
- new feature: Added support for Ogre 1.9
- new feature: Added support for Lua 5.2
- translation: Spanish translation finished
- fixed bug: Labels displayed twice
- fixed bug: Black screen in main menu
- fixed bug: Issues compiling in Ubuntu
- fixed bug: Error in `/usr/bin/sumwars': free(): invalid pointer
- fixed bug: Plugins dir not found on bodhi linux
The editor took a lot of steps forward. Recently we have completed the NPC rendering in our editor. Saving and editing still has to be implemented.
We still search for people willing to help move this project forward. If you have some free time and want to help our project, do not hesitate to join our forums and introduce yourself. We are searching for contributors in all areas. If you are a MAC or Linux user, please consider helping us out as a platform maintainer.