Quote from: 'hal9000' pid='508' dateline='1277569959'

Ok I've tested it and it doesn't work for library-related problem:

Dyld Error Message
Library not loaded
/opt/local/lib/libphysfs.1.dylib
(image not found)
related to: /Applications/Sumwars.app/contents/MacOS/SumWars
Code Type: X86 (native)

Probably we have just to integrate the libphysfs library..

Seems to be linked to the dynamic version of the lib instead of the static. I will have to see why its not linking against the static version.

Thanks for the feedback.

trapdoor on June 27, 2010, 07:22:58 PM
Reply #17

trapdoor

• View Profile
We have fixed the problems with the initial download.

Anyone else out there wanting to try out the mac build can download it now.

artisticdude on June 29, 2010, 03:48:06 PM
Reply #18

artisticdude

• Foil/Epee Fencer
  • Sound Effects Guy/Pixel Artist
    • View Profile
I finally managed to find the time to download and play Summoning Wars. Woot! :D

Everything works fine for me (but I'm no programmer, so this is the view of a casual player with no programming knowledge)... except, of course, the sound. But this is looking very promising, and I'm glad to see my work is going to a quality project like this. :)

Now if only I could figure out how to operate Blender...
Trifles make perfection, and perfection is no trifle.
                                                              --Michelangelo

hal9000 on June 29, 2010, 07:01:18 PM
Reply #19

hal9000

• View Profile
Quote from: 'artisticdude' pid='524' dateline='1277822886'

I finally managed to find the time to download and play Summoning Wars. Woot! :D

Everything works fine for me (but I'm no programmer, so this is the view of a casual player with no programming knowledge)... except, of course, the sound. But this is looking very promising, and I'm glad to see my work is going to a quality project like this. :)

Now if only I could figure out how to operate Blender...

This is great I've alredy tested this so now we have 2/3 (trapdoor?) positive tests..is it enough for adding it into the downolad page? Maybe we will receive more feedbacks ;)

@ artisticdude: I'm interesting in operating with Blender too (I'm on very early stage with 3D but I wanna try)..so if you discover something about it (importing, exporting, testing, ..), please let me know.

poVoq on June 29, 2010, 09:13:55 PM
Reply #20

poVoq

• View Profile
Quote from: 'hal9000' pid='525' dateline='1277834478'

@ artisticdude: I'm interesting in operating with Blender too (I'm on very early stage with 3D but I wanna try)..so if you discover something about it (importing, exporting, testing, ..), please let me know.

As an relatively experienced Blender user I would suggest to you that if you want to get into 3D art to start out with Wings3D ( http://www.wings3d.com/ ). It's a very good modeling application (in fact its modeling tools are right now superior to Blender's), it just doesn't do a lot of other things (animations for example) but those aren't really needed for a beginner. Just set the camera usage in Wings3D to Blenders layout, then you will have an easier time in Blender later on ;)
I am sure you will love the uncluttered interface it has!

Lastmerlin on June 30, 2010, 06:34:24 PM
Reply #21

Lastmerlin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
On modelling: As far as I know, creating good models required years of experience (ok, it always depends on how much time you put into it). So please dont be disappointed, if first attemps lack the required quality to be included in the game. But perhaps we should discuss that in graphics forum ;)

@ trapdoor: Can you please give me the latest version of the mac build (provide some download link for instance), I will put it on the main page then.

hal9000 on June 30, 2010, 06:45:42 PM
Reply #22

hal9000

• View Profile

I would suggest to you that if you want to get into 3D art to start out with Wings3D (http://www.wings3d.com/).

I've tried it once and yes you're right I really like its clean interface ^^
But now I prefer blender (the selection tool for vertices rocks imho)

So please dont be disappointed, if first attemps lack the required quality to be included in the game.

no no it was just for my personal training..and for test my first drafts just on my pc..
my main focus will remain the gui ;)

Lastmerlin on June 30, 2010, 10:15:04 PM
Reply #23

Lastmerlin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
@ trapdoor
Another request: Please upload the changes to SVN as soon as possible to avoid conflicts in future. Contact me in irc for commit rights (or post your sourceforge nick here).

And yet another thing I noticed: I dont know if your name is already in the credits list. That should definitely happen. Please add the line and provide a corresponding .dmg package. Its in creditswindow.cpp. Please also add crimson_penguin.

elvish_sovereign on June 30, 2010, 10:24:11 PM
Reply #24

elvish_sovereign

• View Profile
http://imagebin.org/103566

I get this error when I try to open the mac build. On the site it's written that the file is 46MB, but when I downloaded it it says it's only 3MB? Dunno.
Usually I would say something here, but today I don\'t feel like it.

trapdoor on July 01, 2010, 04:28:53 PM
Reply #25

trapdoor

• View Profile
Quote from: 'Lastmerlin' pid='537' dateline='1277932504'

@ trapdoor
Another request: Please upload the changes to SVN as soon as possible to avoid conflicts in future. Contact me in irc for commit rights (or post your sourceforge nick here).

And yet another thing I noticed: I dont know if your name is already in the credits list. That should definitely happen. Please add the line and provide a corresponding .dmg package. Its in creditswindow.cpp. Please also add crimson_penguin.

I will get around to doing this tonight. My sourceforge username is the_enemy.
Quote from: 'elvish_sovereign' pid='538' dateline='1277933051'

http://imagebin.org/103566

I get this error when I try to open the mac build. On the site it's written that the file is 46MB, but when I downloaded it it says it's only 3MB? Dunno.

Please try downloading again, unless the download is broken, it should definitely be bigger than 3MB.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 04:29:31 PM by trapdoor »

Lastmerlin on July 01, 2010, 06:06:39 PM
Reply #26

Lastmerlin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The issue with the download is fixed.
I added you on sourceforge and gave you commit rights.

trapdoor on July 02, 2010, 03:06:22 AM
Reply #27

trapdoor

• View Profile
Quote from: 'Lastmerlin' pid='540' dateline='1278003999'

The issue with the download is fixed.
I added you on sourceforge and gave you commit rights.

I made my first commit. May want to check the game still compiles for non-Mac users. Should do, but I wasn't able to test.

trapdoor on July 05, 2010, 11:52:55 PM
Reply #28

trapdoor

• View Profile
The problem with sound can be found at http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/qa/qa2006/qa1504.html

Basically Apple no longer include the latest alut with their OpenAL framework, but the old version binary is still there, so when you try to link to the new version, it conflicts.

The work around is to rename all the functions in alut.

The better work around for now, would be to create our own OpenAL framework rather than using the default system one. Which is what I intend to do.

Will try to have a mac version with sound working soon.

hal9000 on July 06, 2010, 06:49:50 AM
Reply #29

hal9000

• View Profile
Quote from: 'trapdoor' pid='571' dateline='1278370375'

Will try to have a mac version with sound working soon.

That's great!!