Topic: The prison (Part 2)

greengecko on November 16, 2011, 05:23:36 PM

greengecko

• View Profile
This is the second part of the prison quest.

The prison (Part 2)

The second prison is hidden in the Westwoods. After looking around a bit there, we soon find the second prison we were searching for. This time there are like 30 guards. They´re all standing in front of the prison. The prisoners have to produce these little bombs for the bandits. After killing all the guards we notice that, again, the key for the prison is missing. The prisoners tell us that there is a huge guard called Breham (Rob´s brother, but not a branded one) near the prison and that he is holding the key. After looking around for a while we find him and he immediately attacks us. After killing him we get his armor ("Breham´s armor" is a very good armor for melee fighters) and after setting the prisoners free one of them is very thankful and gives us a mage hat. The prisoners run back to Joringsbridge and the quest is finished.
  • Read 2361 times
  • Category Story
Comments: 4

greengecko on December 10, 2011, 08:03:39 PM
Reply #1

greengecko

• View Profile
Sorry, have been really lazy in the last time..
I´ll make some dialouges this evening :)
Here´s my first one for today:

What do you think? Is it fitting?

Finding the second prison in the Westwoods:

You: Hm, I think I´m seeing a prison..
Guards: Invader! Guards, attack!

After killing the guards:

You: Oh no, the key is missing again..
Prisoner: Hey, thanks for the help. There is a huge guard not far from here. His name is Breham. He has the key. But beware, he's Rob the Robber´s brother and as ruthless as his brother.

Finding Breham:

Breham: You are gonna die!
You: Well, one of us is definitely gonna die, but it won´t be me!

After setting the prisoners free:

Prisoner: Thanks! How can I thank you for rescuing my life? Oh wait, my grandfather once was a mighty mage before he died. I inherited his hat, but I cannot cast a single spell. May it serve you from now on!
You: That was nothing. Now get home!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 05:58:24 PM by greengecko »

kalimgard on December 13, 2011, 08:37:33 PM
Reply #2

kalimgard

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The Dialog is okay, but after killing the guards I would switch to "He has the key. But beware, he's Rob the Robbers brother Brehem and every bit as ruthless."

Also the scene with the hat could use a little more love. Right now it gives a  "I know it's a game, you know it's a game, so just take the damn reward!"-feeling

greengecko on December 20, 2011, 05:59:19 PM
Reply #3

greengecko

• View Profile
Well this kind of feeling was what I wanted, honestly.

Edited it.
This one better?

kalimgard on December 24, 2011, 09:51:38 AM
Reply #4

kalimgard

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Yes it's better now. As for the atmosphere... we could create such a quest, but for it to work and not seem sloppy designed I think it should be some kind of ongoing quest, like the trading quest, were the same person gives you one quest after another in different locations (all of the same style) with rapidly declining enthuthiasm. Otherwise people won't have a chance to see it's deliberately done that way. I at least would think so.