Topic: Tecra´s bow

greengecko on November 13, 2011, 01:40:47 PM

greengecko

• View Profile
Tecra´s bow

When we have rescued the mercenary in the entry of the caverns he asks us if we know the old legend about Tecra. We get the choice to let him talk or to tell him to shut up. If we let him talk, he tells us the legend: Hundreds of years ago Tecra was the best archer on earth. He was a good human and so he decided to fight against the necromancers to punish them for what they did to the humans. But he wouldn´t fight alone, of course he had a troop of loyal helpers with him. But Vecronce, the god of desease didn´t like that. He created a desease called flesh fever and spreaded it over the necromancer´s land. This desease makes a fighter slowly get killed by his own weapons. After a while it reached the fronts and Tecra and all his soldiers got ill by it. Soon they died and the war ended. Their souls are owned by Vecronce now, but their possesed bodies still walk on earth. It is said that Tecra and a few soldiers are hiding deep in these caverns, guarding their holy weapons, which they aren´t capable to use anymore due to their desease. After the story we decide to go search in the caverns for them. When we go west from the cavern´s entry and then north in the next room we reach an huge cavern hall. In the northwest of this room we find several empty sarcophagi. Suddenly a group of undead soldiers is coming near to us. They shout "Get away from our weapons!". We decide to attack them. When we killed them we look in the sarcophagus in the middle, which is greater than the others. We find an special bow: Tecra´s bow. A very mighty bow for those who are able to control it.
// Should be a really strong bow, because the enemies are really good fighters.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 01:51:35 PM by greengecko »
  • Read 2294 times
  • Category Story
Comments: 4

greengecko on December 05, 2011, 07:48:12 PM
Reply #1

greengecko

• View Profile
Ok, worked out a little dialouge for this quest.
What do you think?

After finishing the spider quest:

Guy: Do you know that old legend about Tecra?

Choice:
[tell it]
[shut up]

if [tell it]

Guy: Hundreds of years ago Tecra was the best archer on earth. He was a good human and so he decided to fight against the necromancers to punish them for what they did to the humans. But he wouldn´t fight alone, of course he had a troop of loyal helpers with him. But Vecronce, the god of desease didn´t like that. He created a desease called flesh fever and spreaded it over the necromancer´s land. This desease makes a fighter slowly get killed by his own weapons. After a while it reached the fronts and Tecra and all his soldiers got ill by it. Soon they died and the war ended. Their souls are owned by Vecronce now, but their possesed bodies still walk on earth. It is said that Tecra and a few soldiers are hiding deep in these caverns, guarding their holy weapons, which they aren´t capable to use anymore due to their desease.
You: Funny little story there.. Well if I get bored in this cave maybe I´ll look around a bit.

if [shut up]

You: Shut up! I already lost enough time by helping you! Gotta leave now.

After [shut up]

Choice:
[changed mind]
[never mind]

if [changed mind]

You: I´ve changed my mind. Tell me that legend!
Guy: Hundreds of years ago Tecra was the best archer on earth. He was a good human and so he decided to fight against the necromancers to punish them for what they did to the humans. But he wouldn´t fight alone, of course he had a troop of loyal helpers with him. But Vecronce, the god of desease didn´t like that. He created a desease called flesh fever and spreaded it over the necromancer´s land. This desease makes a fighter slowly get killed by his own weapons. After a while it reached the fronts and Tecra and all his soldiers got ill by it. Soon they died and the war ended. Their souls are owned by Vecronce now, but their possesed bodies still walk on earth. It is said that Tecra and a few soldiers are hiding deep in these caverns, guarding their holy weapons, which they aren´t capable to use anymore due to their desease.
You: Funny little story there.. Well if I get bored in this cave maybe I´ll look around a bit.

At the sacrophagi:

Group of undeads: Get away from our weapons!
You: Thanks for the nice welcome! Time to return the favour!

kalimgard on December 07, 2011, 08:53:34 PM
Reply #2

kalimgard

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I think I'll smoothe over the connection from the spider quest to telling about Tecra, but other then that it's okay.

If you have big, identical chunks of text in a row you may want to just redirect the reader to the first occurence. It blows up the post needlessly.

greengecko on December 08, 2011, 06:07:13 PM
Reply #3

greengecko

• View Profile
Ok, but how shall I do that then?
Shall I give ´em numbers if I use an answer more often than one time?
I mean like:

A: (93) Hi. I am Mr. A.
B: Please repeat that!
A: {see 93}

kalimgard on December 09, 2011, 11:24:05 AM
Reply #4

kalimgard

• Administrator
    • View Profile
That would be a very clear way to do it. You could be a little less specific too and just say: As in [tell it]. Your choice ;)