Topic: New game style/colors

igorko on October 17, 2011, 02:20:25 PM

igorko

• View Profile
This code is already commited(except new grass texture). We are waiting for your remarks, suggestions and what you think should be changed before 0.5.5 release.

1. New belt: there was suggestion from hiponboy to compile save&exit button with options button into one and make one ingame menu like "return to game, options, save&exit". Please give your suggestions.

2. New color scheme. Please give your suggestions.

3. New grass texture.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 02:33:05 PM by igorko »
  • Read 1609 times
  • Category Graphics
Comments: 3

KroArtem on October 17, 2011, 03:27:32 PM
Reply #1

KroArtem

• View Profile
Everything looks quite awesome except close button and this grass texture. Still don't like it (texture) but can't explain why.

dezGusty on October 19, 2011, 12:41:36 PM
Reply #2

dezGusty

• Artists
    • View Profile
Hi, I see it as a considerable improvement.

... and here's some nitpicking :)

1. The new belt looks really good, and the new health display is definitely an improvement. I only have one negative comment to it: the transparent part on the bottom side (due to the shorter experience bar) looks... strange. Maybe it's because of the sharp bottom corner... can't be sure.

2. I can't say I like the brown much. But that's just personal taste. I prefer a silver look to a bronze one. I am definitely in favor of adding more details (metal scratches, bumps).

3. The grass texture is too small I guess... Or the repeat factor starts too early. Anyway, it's very easy to notice it's a texture that repeats itself.

Trilby on October 19, 2011, 01:59:15 PM
Reply #3

Trilby

• View Profile
Judging by the screenshots above, there are too many colours used for the text fields. I agree, a few colours do enhance the look of the panels, but I think it can be limited to the red and yellowish text. This seems to work well with the brown scheme of the new gui. Introducing too many colours can look garish, and the idea was to maintain a darker/broodier graphics feel overall.

Other than that, the new gui looks to be a great improvement, good work and well done, folks!

The grass texture is not as good as the current one, there's a lot of blurred detail and is very mottled when repeated to this degree. I happen to believe the current texture is quite good, although attention is drawn to it, due to the often noted limitations of the environment graphics set up. 
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 10:49:58 PM by Trilby »