Topic: Some fixes to the build process

dezGusty on January 18, 2013, 04:46:57 PM

dezGusty

• Artists
    • View Profile
Hello sumwars developers. As I was trying out to synchronize my development environment with fusion's, I noticed 2 things that have been bugging me for some time now:

(For the time being, all items are currently modified only on the [material-system-056] branch... I know, we should have a separate branch for the configuration changes. I will set-up one and perform the merge after I finish the tests.). For anyone willing to test the changes in advance, look on the [material-system-056] branch.

1. ogre boost dependency.
When building Ogre, as a thread lib provider, I use boost; fusion uses poco, others may prefer tbb. However, boost is still linked when building the sumwars project, even if you don't need it. I managed to get the configured dependency from Ogre and limit the linking to the scenario in which you actually need the boost libraries.
In addition to this, as a side-note: 2 more boost dependencies have been added for compliance with Ogre's dependencies with boost 1_50+.
Additional details here: http://www.ogre3d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=70475&hilit=boost

So, I will add 1 new file in the configuration: [DetermineOgreThreadProvider.cmake] and update [FindBoostOGRE.cmake]

2. vorbisfile dependency.
I went over the issue with the vorbisfile dependency again, and I still seem to need it on my machine.

And I can't understand how it works on other configurations, especially since we have in the code for [ogg.cpp] :
Code: [Select]
if((result = ov_open(oggFile, &oggStream, NULL, 0)) < 0)but ov_open is defined in [libvorbis\include\vorbis\vorbisfile.h] which seems to end up in libvorbisfile.lib (or libvorbisfile_static.lib).

I'll update the FindVorbis.cmake file and the dependency to take the static library as a first option

Cheers,
dezGusty
  • Read 1237 times
  • Category General
Comments: 3

dezGusty on January 22, 2013, 11:21:06 PM
Reply #1

dezGusty

• Artists
    • View Profile
Hi guys,

I created a new branch named "config-update", (started from the default branch). It should include more up-to-date configuration settings for CMake, allowing:
- building Ogre with poco (as a thread lib) and not linking to boost.
- building Ogre with boost (as a thread lib), including boost >= 1_50.
- vorbis support (still needs testing; there seems to be some differences between the versions we are using and the default build options they have).

Please test it and let me know if you encounter issues. (reply in this thread).
Cheers,
dezGusty

fusion44 on January 27, 2013, 10:39:14 PM
Reply #2

fusion44

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hey dez,

I've merged the branch to default as it works well!

dezGusty on January 29, 2013, 11:08:04 PM
Reply #3

dezGusty

• Artists
    • View Profile
Hi guys,

I made 2 more changes to the cmake build process files:
- support for older vorbisfile versions (E.g. 1.31)
- improved support for the boost_1_49 version included in the OGRE 1.8.1 SDK (for Windows).

Same location (branch named "config-update"). Please test it so that we may merge it to the main branch.
Thanks!