Topic: So I'm guessing this is it then... ?

Dratz-_C on December 29, 2012, 05:38:24 AM
Reply #30

Dratz-_C

I am visiting my parents tomorrow to go see the Hobbit in High Frame Rate 3D. I might not be able to get on after 10:00 am -5 hours GMT. I will try to make it up before my class starts on January 3rd. This might mean Sunday could be better for me, but do not limit yourself around my schedule. It is 11:38PM. Last night was late too.
Cheers

dezGusty on December 29, 2012, 08:05:02 AM
Reply #31

dezGusty

• Artists
    • View Profile
One thing I would like us to have prior to the actual event: a network and some clarity.
- Please join the #sumwars irc channel on freenode when you are ready to play, so that we may try to play.
- Does anyone have a public address, or some port forwarding set-up on their router? If so, please mention that and we can use it. Otherwise, I would suggest that we try a VPN solution, such as hamachi ( http://vpn.net/ ). The free version supports up to 5 computers.

Dratz-_C on December 30, 2012, 04:13:08 AM
Reply #32

Dratz-_C

Ok dezGusty,
I downloaded hamachi. It seems to be working even though I have the internet content filter Safe Eyes. Open VPN did not fair so well. I am connected to the IRC channel for the next hour. I may be on tomorrow, Sunday, so I will do the same two things then (irc, hamachi).
[I did not find anyone willing to play on irc so I am going to bed; better luck next time.]
Cheers
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 05:17:17 AM by Dratz-_C »

fusion44 on December 30, 2012, 01:07:58 PM
Reply #33

fusion44

• Administrator
    • View Profile
wow... Hamachi is much more complicated these days as I used to know. Took me 5 minutes until I have found the download...
Sorry Dratz that I was not there -.-

I'll keep IRC opened ping me if you are ready to play.

Dratz-_C on December 30, 2012, 06:48:09 PM
Reply #34

Dratz-_C

I am on irc now. I cannot use mirc so i am using the webclient from the faq. I have tried pinging with /ping fusion44 and /ping Gusty . Nothing seems to be happening just yet. I will leave the webclient open most of today even when I am unavailable.
Hamachi froze my system and I had to uninstall it because it used all of my cpu on its update process. I am back on irc after a reboot.
Well, fusion44 must be away and i think dezGusty is gone. I will try to leave irc open.
Cheers
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 08:28:46 PM by Dratz-_C »

fusion44 on January 01, 2013, 02:27:31 PM
Reply #35

fusion44

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I'll upload new packages today with Google Breakpad integrated. This will help tremendously when debugging a crash on windows.
If you get a crash you'll see a new file created in the .sumwars folder with file .dmp file ending:

If you get a crash, please zip all the log files and the .dmp together and send them in via email or upload them somewhere.
In the future I'll write a small automatic upload tool for the crash reports.

This is the same system that is used in projects like Firefox and Chrome.

dezGusty on January 01, 2013, 07:59:30 PM
Reply #36

dezGusty

• Artists
    • View Profile
Wow, great work! I've seen it before, but never got to get my hands dirty with it.

fusion44 on January 01, 2013, 10:34:19 PM
Reply #37

Dratz-_C on January 01, 2013, 11:03:53 PM
Reply #38

Dratz-_C

fusion44,
Firstly, I saw you accomplishing that work on irc. I am impressed. Maybe I can try direct x rendering again and, if it crashes as before, send you an e-mail report. CEGUI.log looks like it may end up being too big to post as an attachment in the forum. Secondly, I will download the files you posted and see whether they work.
Cheers

Dratz-_C on January 01, 2013, 11:43:50 PM
Reply #39

Dratz-_C

fussion44,
I get this output when running the 0.5.7 windows installer placed sumwars-0.5.7/sumwars.exe. Additionally, I get this output when running the 0.5.7 windows portable placed in desktop/sumwars-0.5.7-windows-portable/sumwars.exe.
Cheers
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 11:53:17 PM by Dratz-_C »

West on January 02, 2013, 12:10:30 AM
Reply #40

West

• View Profile
Sick as a dog here. Give me a day or two with the music.

Glad to see progress being made though :)

fusion44 on January 02, 2013, 05:53:16 PM
Reply #41

fusion44

• Administrator
    • View Profile
West, no problem. Just get well soon!

Dratz, not again... I should have tested. Sorry.

Dratz-_C on January 03, 2013, 03:37:28 AM
Reply #42

Dratz-_C

West,
You are in our thoughts/prayers. Please help the dog get well too.
fussion44,
It is okay. I just played the lab rat in your grand experiment...which has produced the data I sent you. It is a different way of testing. It gets lonely testing everything oneself.
Cheers

Dratz-_C on January 05, 2013, 09:43:32 PM
Reply #43

Dratz-_C

Hmm, 2 days...my jokes must be worse than I thought.
Cheers

West on January 08, 2013, 10:48:13 PM
Reply #44

West

• View Profile
You know what, you go ahead and release an update without the music if you want to. This is all so f'ng typical.

First I get sick for like a week. Then the project file with all my current SW tracks breaks thanks to REAPER's $@#*&ยค stupid handling of time and tempo markers. So I have half a dozen tracks here with tempi and time signatures all messed up and shifted around and my most recent backup of the file is two weeks old.

I don't know when I'll have time to fix all this so... bah.