Topic: Spanish translation almost finished

vyguera on November 18, 2013, 10:11:53 PM

vyguera

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 18
  • Karma: +2/-0
    • View Profile
Hi.

I have translated almost the entirely game into Spanish, but I need to test it by play.

How can I do it? Do I need to download the game from Hg and build it, or what exactly?

Thanks in advance.
Logged
  • Read 3487 times
  • Category Translation & Internationalization
Comments: 10

fusion44 on November 19, 2013, 06:22:07 PM
Reply #1

fusion44

  • Administrator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 459
  • Karma: +10/-0
    • View Profile
Hi vyguera,

on Windows I can provide you with a prebuild binary when I get my dev system repaired (should be done sometime this week).
On Linux / MacOSX your only chance at the moment is building it yourself. If you need help, join #sumwars on freenode, or just post here.
I'm in our IRC channel almost all the time when I'm at home.

Thank you very much for the translations!
Logged

vyguera on November 19, 2013, 06:57:08 PM
Reply #2

vyguera

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 18
  • Karma: +2/-0
    • View Profile
OK fussion44.

I'll try to test it on Linux by myself as I use it at home. If I can't I'll wait to your build and I'll try again on Windows.

Thank you for your fast reply.
Logged

vyguera on November 27, 2013, 05:29:49 PM
Reply #3

vyguera

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 18
  • Karma: +2/-0
    • View Profile
After more than a week installing, removing, reinstalling dependences, compiling, and reinstalling again and again I managed to start the game on my linux laptop.

But, now there's one more problem I can't resolve: The game initially starts in English and when I go to Options to choose my language (Spanish) there isn't this concrete language option, ie, I can't change to my own language because it doesn't appear "Spanish" at the language list.

I can find .mo files at /usr/share/sumwars/translation/es/LC_MESSAGES/ so they exist, therefore, is it a code issue? or is there something more I don't see?
Logged

fusion44 on November 27, 2013, 06:50:42 PM
Reply #4

fusion44

  • Administrator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 459
  • Karma: +10/-0
    • View Profile
Thank you for all your effort! Most people would have given up by now :)

The options are currently hard coded and need to be added by changing the source. I did this and added Spanish to the list.
Please update from repository and compile again. Should be fairly quick as its only a tiny change.
Logged

vyguera on November 28, 2013, 11:23:30 AM
Reply #5

vyguera

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 18
  • Karma: +2/-0
    • View Profile
Hi.

I updated with no success. I did a "hg update default"
and the result was:
0 files updated, 0 files merged, 0 files removed, 0 files unresolved

The repository I'm using is https://bitbucket.org/sumwars/sumwars-code, which haven't been updated since 2013-11-13.

Is it the right repository or should I use your own fork (I don't know if you have one)? Or maybe you didn't do a Push, but a Commit on your IDE so it's updated only in your local repository...
Logged

fusion44 on November 28, 2013, 05:43:46 PM
Reply #6

fusion44

  • Administrator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 459
  • Karma: +10/-0
    • View Profile
You have to pull changes from Bitbucket before you an update. Try "hg pull && hg update"


For more background information:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4394273/whats-the-difference-between-update-and-pull
Logged

vyguera on November 28, 2013, 05:51:28 PM
Reply #7

vyguera

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 18
  • Karma: +2/-0
    • View Profile
Hi.

While I was writting this you answered, but the result is the same:

I'm sorry I have ants on my pants and I changed my code by myshelf, adding a new line to the optionswindow.cpp file, and now it appears the new language on the language list. I have tried to change the language but it seems it doesn't had any effect even restarting.

I have played the tutorial, trying to find anything in Spanish, but there is nothing... Looking at my sumwars.log I see that it changed correctly to Spanish as I see this:
...sumwars/sumwars-code/src/core/gettext.cpp:134 setLocale > set new language [es_ES.utf-8]

Anyway, I know that the hg repository isn't up to date with the translations, because the last commit from weblate is from 2013-11-05, and I did translate before that until 2013-11-19 which was the last day I translated something. Even more, it was two days after when I translated the tutorial and the menu message files.

Besides I can't change to any other language like German. Everytime I start the game it changes to Spanish.

In summary I can't still test it until everything is updated.

Logged

fusion44 on November 28, 2013, 06:28:03 PM
Reply #8

fusion44

  • Administrator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 459
  • Karma: +10/-0
    • View Profile
Hmm then something else is broken. I'm currently trying to get the game working again. Hopefully I'll be able to compile it again today.
I'll fix this.
Logged

fusion44 on December 26, 2013, 07:53:51 PM
Reply #9

fusion44

  • Administrator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 459
  • Karma: +10/-0
    • View Profile
Ok, it took ages to fix the translation, sorry :-(. Turns out, that there are additional steps needed to get a new language added and update the old ones.

Vyguera, if you're still interested in testing the translation then you can do so now.
Logged

vyguera on January 09, 2014, 10:35:31 AM
Reply #10

vyguera

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 18
  • Karma: +2/-0
    • View Profile
Thank you fusion44. As you know I'm already testing it. I write it here just to inform other people.
Logged