Topic: RomeoX at your service, sir. In sound matters

RomeoX on October 21, 2011, 06:33:39 AM

RomeoX

• View Profile
Hi,
My name is Alberto de Victoria; and i wish to participate.
I can write and edit music, and work with foley sounds according to your requirements.

I worked for a while in Revenge of the CAT's: Ethernet, but the project is standing for now.

I work only freeware.

My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/caracterav
My e-mail: albertodvictoriarx@gmail.com
  • Read 6341 times
  • Category Sound & Music
Comments: 15

West on October 21, 2011, 07:39:18 PM
Reply #1

West

• View Profile
Hi Alberto!

I'm afraid there is nothing in your videos that gives me the impression that you could compose some fitting music for Summoning Wars (you do know we don't have a metal soundtrack... right?). If that is representative of what you do then I must say sorry, very competent but wrong style of music.

As for foley work, that's another matter. Is there anything in particular you'd like to work on?

RomeoX on October 21, 2011, 08:01:42 PM
Reply #2

RomeoX

• View Profile
Hi West,

I play rock, because im guitar player, but i can write all kind of music, since classical, baroque through jazz, electronic and contemporary. If you want test me, you can ask for something special.
In foley, i can produce sound for objects, ambience, "texture sounds", animals, i can record on field.

Saludos!

West on October 21, 2011, 08:46:19 PM
Reply #3

West

• View Profile
Ah, I see. Do you have any purely orchestral pieces you've composed that you might want to share?

Jorge Avila on October 22, 2011, 02:52:45 AM
Reply #4

Jorge Avila

• Graphic design
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio/photography
Oh, veo que sos hispano, bienvenido, espero verte en el irc pronto, Cheers.
Jorge (graphics stuffs)

RomeoX on October 22, 2011, 06:02:56 AM
Reply #5

RomeoX

• View Profile
here is a sample that i wrote today, i had nothing special in mind, maybe for a battle. It's just an example.

Saludos!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeyoNKA7-vg

dezGusty on October 22, 2011, 09:08:00 AM
Reply #6

dezGusty

• Artists
    • View Profile
Sounds good for a first attempt, but still needs some refinements. This piece feels a bit in a different direction, compared to the already existing tracks. But it shows you can compose for the game in my opinion. But I'm a new guy here myself, so it's better to join the IRC channel and talk to people there for joining the project :)

Just curious... what program do you use to make your songs?

kalimgard on October 22, 2011, 02:51:41 PM
Reply #7

kalimgard

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I think Sumwars can benefit from ambient soundtracks, too. A little bit of bird song, occasional windgusts, that kind of stuff. To generate a bit of diversion with our existing soundtracks and I believe (never tried it myself) they can be made more quickly then "real" pieces.

RomeoX on October 22, 2011, 04:13:03 PM
Reply #8

RomeoX

• View Profile
Sounds good for a first attempt, but still needs some refinements. This piece feels a bit in a different direction, compared to the already existing tracks. But it shows you can compose for the game in my opinion. But I'm a new guy here myself, so it's better to join the IRC channel and talk to people there for joining the project :)

Hi, thanks for reply. Sounds different because i'm not the same composer, every person has a feel.

Just curious... what program do you use to make your songs?

For writing? Tuxguitar

West on October 26, 2011, 09:39:28 PM
Reply #9

West

• View Profile
here is a sample that i wrote today, i had nothing special in mind, maybe for a battle. It's just an example.

Saludos!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeyoNKA7-vg

I'm sorry, this is not quite up to our standards, neither in terms of composition, beievability or sample quality. Admittedly the latter is hard to judge due to the abysmal sound quality on youtube, but the woodwinds in the intro are... well, horrible. Maybe you have good samples, in that case you're not using them right.

For writing? Tuxguitar

Tuxguitar? Seriously? Get yourself a DAW, mate :)

RomeoX on October 27, 2011, 12:55:28 AM
Reply #10

RomeoX

• View Profile
Well, I only use open or freeware; i will not make a FOSS Game using commercial programs (buy or pirate), it's not coherent.
By the way, you don't have standards, just the way you like it.

Sorry for disturb

Jorge Avila on October 27, 2011, 02:56:25 AM
Reply #11

Jorge Avila

• Graphic design
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio/photography
Why not West? explain yourself a little bit, if you don't mind.

West on October 27, 2011, 08:44:47 AM
Reply #12

West

• View Profile
Well, I only use open or freeware; i will not make a FOSS Game using commercial programs (buy or pirate), it's not coherent.

Not coherent? Well if your priority is being a freetard rather than getting good results then what can I say. If you change your mind, maybe you should check this out. Or some other free/OSS DAW, there's actually quite a few. Using Tuxguitar for anything beyond transcribing stuff is plain ridiculous, it's not a music production program.

By the way, you don't have standards, just the way you like it.

Nice. If you can't handle criticism then I don't see how you could be a valuable contributor anyway, so good luck with your music buddy.

Why not West? explain yourself a little bit, if you don't mind.

Exactly what is it you want me to explain?

Jorge Avila on October 31, 2011, 05:42:53 PM
Reply #13

Jorge Avila

• Graphic design
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio/photography
I hope please, don't get me wrong, I'm not being disrespectful with you, I'm giving you a criticism from colleague to colleague.
I know that I'm not qualified to evaluate a musical piece as you do, but i can tell you that this isn't the right way to give criticism and encourage people to contribute.

When you say "but the woodwinds in the intro are... well, horrible" That's your taste not a criticism, but is fine expose your taste.
 And calling him "freetard" isn't constructive neither, that is just an insult.

another thing would be if you say to the guy "hey, those samples need better quality, the piece doesn't have the right timing, i would recommend to you  use this musical chords", etc.

I hope you can understand me, and take this comment in a good sense,
cheers my colleague.

KroArtem on November 01, 2011, 12:20:40 AM
Reply #14

KroArtem

• View Profile
Actually I agree with hiponboy, the last West's post were (a bit) rude.