Topic: Prerelease of Version 0.5.5

Lastmerlin on October 06, 2011, 10:43:13 PM

Lastmerlin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hello,

we have finally completed the prerelease for version 0.5.5. Right now, these packages are available:

Source package
Windows package
Windows installer
Mac OS package

Be aware of bugs - finding them is exactly the aim ;)
Please test these under as many circumstances as possible and report any issues.

As several bugfixes and small improvements have already been made this weekend, I also want to refer to svn:
Code: [Select]
svn co http://sumwars.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/sumwars/trunk sumwars The latest version with fresh, unfixed bugs can be found only there, of course :D

Thanks a lot and have fun :)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 10:32:09 PM by protogenes »
  • Read 4062 times
  • Category General Discussion
Comments: 12

Trilby on October 07, 2011, 07:06:22 PM
Reply #1

Trilby

• View Profile
I don't know quite where to ask about this. Please split topic if necessary.

I downloaded the pre-release 0.5.5 source code. After running the cmake command I run into trouble (see below). Unfortunately I have no expertise in diagnosing issues during compiling.

System is linux, Slackware 13.37 32bit. With all libs/dependencies found perfectly with Sumwars 0.5.4. Don't know what I'm missing here...

Code: [Select]
bash-4.1$ cmake .
-- The C compiler identification is GNU
-- The CXX compiler identification is GNU
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++
-- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++ -- works
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done
0.5.5.unknown
-- Looking for OGRE...
-- OGRE_PREFIX_WATCH changed.
-- checking for module 'OGRE'
--   found OGRE, version 1.7.3
-- Found Ogre Cthugha (1.7.3)
-- Found OGRE: optimized;/usr/local/lib/libOgreMain.so;debug;/usr/local/lib/libOgreMain.so
-- Looking for OGRE_Paging...
-- Found OGRE_Paging: optimized;/usr/local/lib/libOgrePaging.so;debug;/usr/local/lib/libOgrePaging.so
-- Looking for OGRE_Terrain...
-- Found OGRE_Terrain: optimized;/usr/local/lib/libOgreTerrain.so;debug;/usr/local/lib/libOgreTerrain.so
-- Looking for OGRE_Property...
-- Found OGRE_Property: optimized;/usr/local/lib/libOgreProperty.so;debug;/usr/local/lib/libOgreProperty.so
-- Looking for OGRE_RTShaderSystem...
-- Found OGRE_RTShaderSystem: optimized;/usr/local/lib/libOgreRTShaderSystem.so;debug;/usr/local/lib/libOgreRTShaderSystem.so
-- Looking for OIS...
-- OIS_PREFIX_PATH changed.
-- checking for module 'OIS'
--   found OIS, version 1.2.0
-- Found OIS: optimized;/usr/local/lib/libOIS.so;debug;/usr/local/lib/libOIS.so
-- Found Lua51: /usr/lib/liblua.so;/usr/lib/libm.so
-- Found CEGUI: /usr/local/lib/libCEGUIBase.so
-- Found CEGUIOGRE: /usr/local/include/CEGUI/RendererModules/Ogre
/usr/local/include/CEGUI/RendererModules/Ogre
-- Found ALUT: /usr/lib/libalut.so
-- Found Ogg: /usr/lib/libogg.so
-- Found Vorbis: /usr/lib/libvorbis.so
-- Looking for POCO...
-- checking for module 'POCO'
--   package 'POCO' not found
-- Found POCO: optimized;/usr/local/lib/libPocoFoundation.so;debug;/usr/local/lib/libPocoFoundationd.so
-- Looking for POCO_Util...
-- Found POCO_Util: optimized;/usr/local/lib/libPocoUtil.so;debug;/usr/local/lib/libPocoUtild.so
-- Looking for POCO_Net...
-- Found POCO_Net: optimized;/usr/local/lib/libPocoNet.so;debug;/usr/local/lib/libPocoNetd.so
-- Looking for POCO_NetSSL...
-- Could not locate POCO_NetSSL
-- Looking for POCO_XML...
-- Found POCO_XML: optimized;/usr/local/lib/libPocoXML.so;debug;/usr/local/lib/libPocoXMLd.so
Activated ingame build tools.
Debug
CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they are set to NOTFOUND.
Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the CMake files:
PHYSFS_INCLUDE_DIR
   used as include directory in directory /home/simeon/sumwars-0.5.2455-prerelease
PHYSFS_LIBRARY
    linked by target "sumwars" in directory /home/simeon/sumwars-0.5.2455-prerelease

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 07:07:53 PM by Trilby »

Lastmerlin on October 07, 2011, 07:56:51 PM
Reply #2

Lastmerlin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Well, please make sure, that you have physfs installed ;)

KroArtem on October 07, 2011, 08:28:20 PM
Reply #3

KroArtem

• View Profile
There is such phrase in tutorial:
Click on the weapon with the left mouse button. Next click on the weapon field in the equipment above your inventory, and it will be equipped.
Actually, when you want to equip this weapon, you'll mention it has already been equiped.
The Lord Master thought that you could do considerably more than dully beat your enemies.
After this string there will be a window "Explain skills?"
There is no 'yes' button. Afaik Lastmerlin and kalimgard discussed it in irc.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 08:36:59 PM by KroArtem »

Trilby on October 07, 2011, 11:28:03 PM
Reply #4

Trilby

• View Profile
Quote from: 'Lastmerlin' pid='1989' dateline='1318013811'

Well, please make sure, that you have physfs installed ;)

Duh! :blush: As if by magic ('reason' to most intelligent people) Sumwars starts. Perhaps physfs and POCO should now be listed as further dependencies within the install text file.

Nice work!

trapdoor on October 08, 2011, 05:00:24 PM
Reply #5

trapdoor

• View Profile
POCO is only required if building the tools.

Mac pre-release version is currently at [new link will be added when build is fixed]

Should run on OSX 10.5 or later on Intel systems (32 and 64bit) only.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 05:28:02 PM by trapdoor »

Lastmerlin on October 08, 2011, 08:16:55 PM
Reply #6

Lastmerlin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
We have a Mac build now as well - thanks a lot to trapdoor :)
I have added it to the list in the initial post.

KroArtem on October 10, 2011, 08:20:56 PM
Reply #7

KroArtem

• View Profile
Actually sumwars doesn't close properly in some situations e.g while loading. Press esc button during the loading screen and it would just stop.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 12:20:46 AM by KroArtem »

KroArtem on October 13, 2011, 12:21:38 AM
Reply #8

KroArtem

• View Profile
One little bug (easy to fix, discussed in irc):

Press 'create', type a hero name, press cancel. Then press create again and this name will be still in the name field

Lastmerlin on October 15, 2011, 11:51:28 AM
Reply #9

Lastmerlin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
One little bug (easy to fix, discussed in irc):

Press 'create', type a hero name, press cancel. Then press create again and this name will be still in the name field

Fixed

Trilby on October 15, 2011, 10:08:07 PM
Reply #10

Trilby

• View Profile
The behaviour of the belt row has been substantially altered from the previous version, i.e the belt slots work separately from the small items inventory. Maybe it is because of this, that the number of potions shown in the belt parenthesis, is always at least one higher than the number of potions than can be seen in the inventory. This can seem a bit unusual. This number should really tell you the exact total of potions/items of that type carried in both the belt and inventory.

The current explanation of the "belt" system needs to be replaced entirely in trader.xml. Empty Scrolls are no longer used from the belt, so they can't be used "like the common potion". I always found that line unusual anyway.  ;)  I did make some suggested changes to this dialogue to reflect the inventory change, unfortunately these will need to be changed again.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 12:24:16 AM by Trilby »

Lastmerlin on October 21, 2011, 09:56:04 PM
Reply #11

Lastmerlin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The behaviour of the belt row has been substantially altered from the previous version, i.e the belt slots work separately from the small items inventory. Maybe it is because of this, that the number of potions shown in the belt parenthesis, is always at least one higher than the number of potions than can be seen in the inventory. This can seem a bit unusual. This number should really tell you the exact total of potions/items of that type carried in both the belt and inventory.

The current explanation of the "belt" system needs to be replaced entirely in trader.xml. Empty Scrolls are no longer used from the belt, so they can't be used "like the common potion". I always found that line unusual anyway.  ;)  I did make some suggested changes to this dialogue to reflect the inventory change, unfortunately these will need to be changed again.

The explanation is outdated - I completely agree here. However, the number above the potions is completely correct, at least according to my experience. If you have 2 potions in belt of one type and 3 in inventory, the number (5) will be displayed above both of them. I like this behavior because it exactly tells what I would like to display there: The overall number of items of that type you possess.

Trilby on October 21, 2011, 11:23:24 PM
Reply #12

Trilby

• View Profile
The number shown for belt items is exactly right, apparently I was confused. At one point I remember this total not adding up right between belt and inventory --if there was something wrong, it can no longer be reproduced.

I've currently got compiled SVN rev. 2481 From this I've encountered a couple of things that haven't been mentioned yet, at least on the forum.  The top of the new health "globe" meter, overlaps during the cutscenes. Perhaps this can be fixed by raising the dialogue field up a bit to compensate, although the risk with that is loss of screen real-estate for the actual cutscene

The other issue is that the new section of the tutorial can be largely skipped, just by walking up and clicking on the crane mechanism without collecting the energy crystal.